As part of Poetry d’Amour 2016, submissions are sought for original and unpublished** love poems for an opportunity to win:
First Prize: $300 cash prize and the opportunity to perform the winning entry at Poetry d’Amour 2016*
Runner Up: $200 cash prize and the opportunity to perform the winning entry at Poetry d’Amour 2016*
2 x Highly Commended Certificates*
2 x Commended Certificates*
Youth Incentive Award: $50 cash prize and the opportunity to perform the winning entry at Poetry d’Amour 2016* for the highest ranking entry from a person under 21 years of age.
Remote and Regional WA Prize: $50 cash prize and the opportunity to perform the winning entry at Poetry d’Amour 2016* for the highest ranking entry submitted from remote and regional Western Australia.
* Conditions apply, please read the Terms and Conditions carefully. Additional prizes may be added at the discretion of the organisers and sponsors.
**unpublished refers to poems that have NOT appeared in print or online as part of an electronic journal or poetry blog that specialises in publishing other people’s poetry.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By entering the 2016 Poetry d’Amour Love Poetry Contest, the entrant agrees to the Terms and Conditions of Entry, which must be read in association with the Entry Form.
The 2016 Poetry d’Amour Love Poetry Contest is open to all poets and is subject to a fee of $10 per entry, or $20 for 2 entries, $25 for 3 entries, $30 for 4 entries, with an entry consisting of one original, unpublished* poem.
Poems must be less than 40 lines in length and suit the theme of “love.”
All entries MUST be submitted by email as a word document (preceded by the Entry Form) using 12 point single spaced Times New Roman font (see Conditions of Entry for specifics) and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with your surname in the subject line.
The deadline for entries is midnight, 27th May 2016.
Payment can be made by:
Select the number of entries, click “Add to Cart” and follow the prompts
- Cheque or money order payable to WA Poets Inc – Poetry d’Amour and post to 9 Bushland Retreat, Carramar. WA 6031. Please print your name on the back of money orders.
- Electronic funds transfer: Details are: Bendigo Bank, Account name: Poetry d’Amour BSB: 633 000, Account number: 150636322. Please include your surname in the bank deposit reference and contest in the subject line. Email the WA Poets Inc. Treasurer, Gary De Piazzi at email@example.com with the amount deposited and the date of deposit. This is important for our record keeping.
Conditions of Entry
The 2016 Poetry d’Amour Love Poetry Contest is part of Poetry d’Amour 2016 and is coordinated by WA Poets Inc. (WAPI) at their discretion.
- ‘unpublished‘ refers to poems that have NOT appeared in print or online as part of an electronic journal or poetry blog that specialises in publishing other people’s poetry.
- An independent judge will be responsible for judging entries and ranking selections for inclusion in the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2016.
- All entries will be judged anonymously (identifying names will be deleted from the poem and each poem will be allocated a unique reference number).
- The name of the judge will not be revealed to entrants until after judging is complete.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry fees are non refundable.
- No entry will be considered for judging until payment has been received and a receipt issued.
- Prizes do not include accommodation or travel costs.
- A maximum of four poems by one poet can be submitted for judging.
- Entries must be formatted using 12 point Times New Roman font with single line spacing, not exceed 40 lines in length in A4 format with left and right margins not less than 3.17 cm and suit the theme of “love.”
- All entries must be submitted by email as a word document, (preceded by the Entry Form) by midnight on Friday, 27th May 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Surname in the subject line.
- Multiple entries can be submitted in the one document
- Entrants must not infringe on existing copyright.
- In submitting an entry the contestant agrees that WAPI is not responsible for any infringement on copyright that may occur and indemnifies WAPI against any legal action that may arise because of such breach.
- Each entrant can win one prize only.
- Entrants will be notified of the prizewinners by email.
Special Conditions related to the Anthology
- Selected entries will be published, without payment, in the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2016, to be sold as a fundraiser for WA Poets Inc – Poetry d’Amour.
- Poets will have the choice of opting out their poem/s for possible selection for the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2016.
- Entries for publication will be accepted “as is” or “subject to editorial review” in consultation with the entrant.
- Poets have the option to consent to suggested edits or withdraw their poem from the anthology at their discretion
- Wherever a work is republished, Poetry d’Amour 2016 must be cited as the place of first publication.
- Copyright of entries remains with the poet.
- Copyright of the Anthology remains with the publisher, WA Poets Inc.
Special Conditions for Remote & Regional WA Poetry Prize
- All entries will be submitted to the open classification.
- The Remote & Regional WA Poetry Prize will be awarded to the highest ranking entry submitted by a regional Western Australia resident.
- Entrants must nominate their region on the entry form.
- Poets must reside in Western Australia, outside of the Perth Metropolitan Region.
- The prize does not include accommodation or travel costs.
Additional Special Conditions
- WAPI accepts no responsibility for entries that are late, lost or misdirected, nor is WAPI responsible in any way for entries that are stolen or misappropriated.
- Prizes will be awarded at the launch of the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2016 and select prizewinners will be invited to read their winning entry on stage at Poetry d’Amour 2016, 19th November 2016, at the Japanese Garden, Perth Zoo.
- Non-cash prizes cannot be redeemed for cash.
- Applicants under 18 years require the written consent of their parent or guardian to enter.
- All prizewinners agree to have their winning entry posted online on the WA Poets Inc. website.
*****Please copy and paste the following into a word document, complete the details required, include your poem (with your name) and email to email@example.com with your Surname in the subject line. Multiple entries can be included in the one document. The electronic receipt of this Entry Form is deemed to be equivalent to the form being signed by the entrant. ****
I certify that the work entered in this competition is my own, is unpublished*, has not won a prize in any previous competition and will not be offered for publication before the announcement of the awards.
☐ Yes, please consider my entry for possible inclusion in the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2016
By entering this competition I agree to my work being available for publication if selected, without payment, in the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2016 “subject to editorial review” if applicable. I will have the opportunity to consent to suggested edits or withdraw my poem from the anthology at my discretion. I understand that copyright will at all times remain with me, the author of the work, and copyright of the anthology will remain with WA Poets Inc.
☐ No thanks, please exclude my entry from consideration for inclusion in the anthology Poetry d’Amour 2016.
I have read the conditions of entry of this competition and my submission of the following poem/s signifies that I agree to and abide by them.
Town or Suburb:
Region: Region of WA (Please complete if appropriate)
State: Postcode: Phone:
Age: Under 21yrs Over 21 years (Please underline your category)
Parent/Guardian’s Consent for applicants under 18 years old.
I, ____________________________________________(enter name) of the above address, give consent for my child aged _______________________(enter age of child under 18 years) to enter the Poetry d’Amour Love Poetry Contest.
(Please highlight appropriate item)
One Poem: $10 Two Poems $20 Three Poems $25 Four Poems $30
Payment by: Paypal Cheque/money order EFT
* ‘unpublished‘ refers to poems that have NOT appeared in print or online as part of an electronic journal or poetry blog that specialises in publishing other people’s poetry.
Paste your poem/s (with title) and include your name (as you wish it to appear in the anthology should your poem be selected) at the end of each poem (this will be removed by the contest administrator and an identifying code added for judging).