Entries will soon be open for the City of Rockingham’s 2015 Community Christmas Poetry Competition.
The 2015 Community Christmas Poetry Competition aims to create a sense of good will and community pride during the festive season. Entrants are invited to submit up to three poems of no longer than 24 lines on the theme of ‘Christmas’.
Entry is free. The winning entry will be displayed on posters throughout the Rockingham area during the festive period. The winning poet will receive 2 copies of the poster as well as a first prize of $200.
Submissions will be accepted from 14 September and close 2 November.
- Send a maximum of 3 poems, attached to an email in rtf or doc format, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “POETRY SUBMISSION: Your Title” as the subject line.
- The body of your email must include your name, address, phone/mobile number, email address, and the title & line counts of your poems. To ensure anonymity, do not include your details on your entered poems themselves.
- Do not post entries. Only entries received via email will be accepted.
- Each poem must be no longer than 24 lines. All poems must be based around the theme of ‘Christmas’.
- Poems must be original, unpublished, not have received an award in another competition, and not be under consideration elsewhere from the time of entry in the awards until the official announcement of the winners.
- To ensure anonymity no writers names to appear on MS. The winner may be invited to read their winning poem at the launch of the 2015 Community Christmas Lights Display at the Rockingham Foreshore, Saturday 5 December 2015.
- Employees of the City of Rockingham and their family members are ineligible to enter.
- The judges’ decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Any attempt to lobby judges or City of Rockingham employees, or influence decisions, may result in disqualification.
- Entries close 2 November 2015, and winners will be contacted by phone or email prior to public announcement.
The 1st prize winning entry will be published on an A3 poster which will be displayed throughout Rockingham during the festive period, as well as the City of Rockingham webpage.
1st PRIZE: $200 + 2 copies of the Christmas Poster
For more information, visit the website.